Wednesday, July 24, 2019

More working on Communications routes, the Sector Grows

Re-directing the routes of the large passenger liners, and trade ships in the expansion outward from the Core Worlds.

I keep having flashes of recall to ideas I had as a kid 40 years ago before I was so influenced by the science fiction of the 80s. 

How wide open that feeling was.  I had no basis for what could be, except for the best novels I had read.

Now, detailing these maps, I feel that all of this detail will be overlooked, but I will notice, so I put it in there, and keep a good record of what the setting is to make it a standard, and not just filling in backstory as I write.

I am looking for a sense of time and place.  I want fans to escape in their imagination to this Space Opera Setting.

I envision large Bulk Freighters, traveling through the Obai Sector, from world to world, bringing exotic goods with strange names. 

The crews are a mixed lot, from many varied worlds, not all speaking a common language. 

Pirate ships lie in wait in asteroid belts, and hidden in the atmospheres of Gas Giants, waiting for the opportunity to strike.

Noble houses war with each other for territory, fighting over resource extraction worlds.




As I look at the maps I am doing now, they fit my ideas better, with each fresh change.

There are now visible projections of Republic corporate expansion along the Spinward- Rimward line of march.




Lots of lines shifting now, as I see the enormous picture for the Sector of the Aurin Cluster.


No comments:

Post a Comment