Wednesday, May 1, 2019

The Journal of a Space Opera Author

Hello, Space Opera fans!

Welcome to my mind.  Take a chair.

Do you love Coffee?  Coffee powers the engine of my imagination.


I’m James H. Jenkins, Space Opera Author.  This is The Aurin Cluster (my Online Journal).

This Journal will track the evolution of the novels I write.

A regular post will share art when ready for the fans.  I will likewise write teasers for forthcoming works, and secondary side stories that do not fit the framework of an 80,000-word novel.

Once a week, I will record my plans, apprehensions, and ideas for these Adventures set in the Far Future of the 55th Century.

Sometimes, I will create personal musings, disclosing my thoughts for the week.

My Journal will be my weekly review of progress.  A pool of solace, creativity, and reflection.

I encourage would-be novelists of Space Opera to collect up their pen, laptop, or workstation.
Ignite the thrusters of your own vast imagination. 
Reach for crafting a well-told space adventure, flying into the stratosphere, on a jet of smoke and flame, going skyward, without dread or doubt.

It takes the right stuff to dare, to achieve. To press on, without cease, until splashdown. 


I will engage in active interaction with my fans, as I release each tale.
 Your reactions are crucial to my improvement and evolution as an Author.  I want to be that, with the leading capital “A“. 
Let me know by post, what you found thrilling, or problematic.  
I will take it under consideration as I move forward.

With each Journal entry here, I will:

- Track what I learned, created, or accomplished this week.

- My intentions for the imminent future.

- Identify problems with the Series or development that I need to correct.

- My feelings about the Series to this point.

That’s it, for now.  Thanks for stopping to visit.

But before you go, meet my Editor-in-Fur, “Dirty Cat.”

A female Thai Khao Manee, that I rescued as a kitten, found mud-encrusted, starving, wandering the rain-flooded streets of Chiang Mai, Thailand three years ago during the rainy season.





No comments:

Post a Comment