Saturday, May 9, 2020

Cleaned up the Online Journal / Moxxu Concept finished.

I cleaned up every post here of my Online Journal.  A bit of a job.

This Journal is not perfect. It is Not SEO-optimized. Oh, that guy.

* * *

Still hoping to see a Stimulus check.

They say veterans will get it, but nobody I know has, except my non-veteran mom, and her non-veteran husband.

I have some sort of localized skin infection on the right side of my mouth, a thumbnail-sized subcutaneous lump, that I thought was an abscess in one of the many cavities I need to fix.

But I went to the local Town Hospital. I amazed five dental staff there, that for a foreigner, I speak Thai pretty well.

They kept commenting. it was a fun, happy time. 

They took X-rays. Two dentists confirmed. "This is not an abscess in your tooth. It is not an emergency. We are only actively treating emergencies because of Covid-19. Sorry"

I understood that, and all I wanted was anti-biotics, anyway.  Once I realized that it was just some weird infection.

They sent me back to the regular intake, and they gave me a week's supply of antibiotics and paracetamol.

My son is due any day now.   The back jacket Blurb for Kars Vandor, Merchant of Vision is done.

I got a polish/rewrite for what I wrote myself from an Australian editor named Jessie Cunniffe from Fiverr.

https://www.fiverr.com/jessiecunniffe?up_rollout=true

I was so happy with it.  I drove to McDonald's to treat myself to a double hamburger, and fries. On arrival at "The Arches", I was scanned for forehead temperature, passed with no problem, and had to jot my name, and phone number down in a contact log.

What the hell is that about? The staff did not speak enough English to explain. But it tasted okay.

* * *

I am in daily contact with Dmitry Veseliy on Fiverr about sketches for Moxxu.

He just finished.


Dmitry is a true professional.  The backstory on this:

I had looked for days to find an artist execute my vision of a character.

Initially, we conversed in English, but since I speak Russian, we quickly started conversing in Russian. At that point, he was super-enthusiastic for my project.


I gave him details of the race, homeworld, politics, maps, etc. He is now my go-to guy for Art, as the lead illustrator of the series. I told him to take his time with my concept. Really think it out.

He gave me a series of sketches, daily contacts through chat, and I gave him some feedback, brief notes, small diagrams. He captured the flavor of my Moxxu Felinoid Alien, as a young Taxxu Naval officer, perfectly. 





I have the story, now it is just using "Dragon Naturally Speaking" to crank out 90,000 words, over the next two weeks, for the Draft.

I feel intense pressure to make it.  73,000 Dead in America.   What the hell is next year going to be like?

The news said aides in the White House have Covid-19.

War with China is in the offing, as the White House tries to blame everyone else, and shirk accountability, and responsibility for inaction, and corrupt leadership killing more Americans in 4 months in 2020 than the Viet Cong did over 10 years.

An uncertain time.  At least I know the work ahead of me. I am focussed on that, on getting it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment