Thursday, May 14, 2020

What do you write with?

I just got this question on Quora:
What are the best pens for everyday writing?

I use a Parker Duofold Classic Black Rollerball Pen with a 0.7MM (gold?) medium nib point. Engraved with the Corporation name of my Space Opera Series: TransStellar.

This pen cost me a bit.
These are relatively expensive pens.
Not the most expensive, but known to be “Upper Class”

It is heavy. Writes smooth. I expect it will last for decades.

I will teach my kids to value it. “This is the pen that started every story. This is the pen that paid for your college.”

It makes me feel like a Billionaire when I write longhand (which is what I use it for) or to sign financial documents.

For years, I wrote with SAKURA Pigma Micron 03 Black ink art pens.

 I liked them because they were quick-drying. I am left-handed, so as a kid in school, 40 years ago, BIC pens would stain the right side of my left palm a light blue.


My family often looks at me, and says, “Poor James! Always writing, writing, you work too hard.”

“No. Not poor James. Rich James.”

I feel like it, with this spiffy pen. Every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment